Monday, May 18, 2009

Our First Ride!

We christened the new bike with a trip out to Port Orchard on the most beautiful day ever yesterday.  I’m actually still on a happy high from the perfectness of the weather this weekend.  Not even a rainy-day back-to-work Monday could bring me down today! 

We went to Banner Forest in Kitsap County where I tried out mountain biking for the first time ever.  Was I nervous that I would hate it and have wasted all that money buying a mountain bike instead of a regular road bike? …. Why yes I was … But was I disappointed? Not for a second.  My risky purchase paid off.  I can’t believe I haven’t been doing this my whole life! We were riding through mud puddles, over tree branches, roots, up rough terrain hills … and my sweet little bike didn’t give me one bit of trouble. 

Banner Forest was a great place to start my mountain biking experience.  Such pretty foliage with terrain that wasn’t too steep but still gave me a little bit of a challenge.  It was fabulous!

My absolute favorite part was riding through the thick mud and big puddles.  When we first arrived we ran into some riders who were complaining about the mud, but I loved it.  So fun, but really glad I wore my old sneakers because I stuck my whole foot in a couple big puddles.  Here’s me right after I made it through a big one.

Stephen got pretty muddy too.

No comments: