Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


We got lucky with some great weather over Mother's Day weekend.  We started the weekend out at the Proctor Market where we waited in line for two hours to buy bouquets for all the mothers/grandmothers in our lives.  That's right. We waited in line for two hours for flowers. TWO. HOURS.  I left Stephen in line, went to Starbucks, checked out the cute little boutiques around that area, and when I got back he was further back in line than I when I left. Don't even ask how that happened. At the hour mark, I was ready to bag the whole idea but Stephen was a determined man.  During his hour wait he had become invested in those flowers and he was not budging.  By the time we finally had our hands on the three enormously beautiful bouquets, we also had several new friends and some very nicely developing tans.  At least it was a beautiful day!

We celebrated with the Hansens at El Toro on Saturday night (unfortunately, did not have my camera with me), and then enjoyed a picnic lunch today with my parents at Point Defiance.  

Playing a little Frisbee
My adorable husband.
He made me a flower crown... what a cutie!
Ta-DA!

No comments: