Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Laken turned ONE on 10-6-11
It was a bittersweet day for Mommy - she's looking and acting more and more like a toddler every day and, while I'm excited and nervous about all the fun things that lie ahead, I am sad to leave the baby days behind.

Here's Laken in her birthday day outfit.  
 I will forever have this image of her ingrained on my heart.  
She was so excited about her little party - having everyone she loves in one house - she kept walking from one room to the next.  She made the rounds over and over, going from the kitchen to the living room to the kitchen to the living room.  I couldn't help but laugh at what a little social butterfly she was that night.
 Proud mama and dada in our almost-finished kitchen.  The kitchen wasn't quite ready for a big birthday bash, so we put it off for a couple of weeks, but we did have to celebrate a bit on the actual DAY.
 Opening presents
 Laken's favorite gift!



 Cake time!


 Yummy
(If you look closely, you can see that Laken ended up with a black eye on her birthday.  We went to MOPS that day and she got a little shiner while in daycare - I felt so bad! Some birthday present!)



Straight to the bathtub after all that cake :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Great birthday pictures! Leah has that same little pink baby doll! I love the chair too, is that Pottery Barn Kids? Oh yeah and the kitchen looks great, we will have to come over sometime! :)