I usually dread the coming of January and February. With the cold weather, limited things to do, and the kind of "hungover" feeling after the holidays, I usually get a little stir-crazy. This year, though, the slow down has been a welcome respite after the holidays. Stephen and I have taken the time to embrace our "New Year's resolutions" and just enjoy the down time. It's really been great.
My resolution was to learn to cook ... or, at least, learn to cook more things. I have been having such a blast with this. I've come up with new ideas for dinners, tasty treats, and breakfast foods. I am amazed at what you can find on the internet ... there are so many great food blogs and websites. I've even gotten some help from my fellow blogger friends (this is a shoutout to Kristal - THANK YOU!) Below is a picture of one of my favorite dessert recipes. "Key" lime pie. I dream about this pie. It's one of the many Pioneer Woman recipes I've tried - I adore the Pioneer Woman's recipes, but I do think I'm going to have to limit my use of them or risk a coronary (she uses a LOT of butter).
Stephen has resolved to get in shape this year ... unfortunately, he will not let me post any pics of his "before" body (I'm not sure when we will be at the "after" body) so all you're going to get is a photo of the program he's using ... P90X. I've been impressed by his diligence - I've joined him a couple of times and the program is TOUGH
We've also been enjoying our new camera. I absolutely adore it. We've been doing lots of playing around with it and trying new things with it. Here are some pics we took one afternoon on a walk at Chamber's Bay....
And here's a fun night shot we took
And of course, we've been doing plenty of skiing. The snowy white mountain is usually the only way I get through these dreary months. This year it's been fun to have Ashley join us on the mountain a few times as well :)
1 comment:
i adore key lime pie and so does eric. i'm sure it was delicious!
Post a Comment