Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Lovey-Dovey Day in Seattle

We spent this Valentine's day filling our bellies with deliciousness. We enjoyed Sunday Brunch at Salty's on Alki. I've always heard that Salty's has the very best brunch in Washington, and I've been dying to try it but we've never gotten around to it. So, I was thrilled when we got a reservation for Valentine's day. The brunch was amazing ... tons of fabulous food and delicious treats ... but I do have to admit I was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the brunch was great, but I think I actually prefer Shenanigan's buffet. It might not be quite as big as Salty's but the atmosphere is better, and the food is maybe too. That said, I love a good brunch and this one was one of the best I've had ... I just don't think we'll be making the drive again when there's a great place right here in little old Tacoma :)
I am so blessed to have this man as my Valentine.
After brunch we enjoyed a romantic walk along Alki beach. There is simply no better spot to take in the Seattle skyline ... and an added plus ... the weather was great. With the sun shining down on us, we got a little a glimpse of spring - what a lovely, lovely day.