Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What's It Gonna BE?!?

 We had our big appointment a few weeks ago to find out whether Laken is going to have a baby sister or a baby brother at the end of this summer.  

We decided to have our family over after the appointment for the big reveal - I baked cupcakes with pink centers and blue centers ahead of time so I could get the right ones ready as soon as we got home from our late afternoon appointment.  
 What's it gonna be????

 IT'S A BOY!!!!
 Everyone was screaming so loud inside the house that the next day our neighbors didn't even need to ask what we were having - they already knew!

 My dad is thrilled! Finally, he gets his boy! 


 Pointing out his "manly parts"
There was never any question at the ultrasound.  I'm not sure how people are able to keep that a secret because Stephen figured out the gender in about one second.  As soon as the baby came up on the screen, he said: "I know what it is!" ... I had hardly even had a chance to sit down before we knew we were having a boy! It's a good thing too because Stephen chose to confide in me BEFORE we went into the ultrasound that he was really hoping for a boy this time - WHAT?!?! Not a smart way to start the appointment, but it all worked out in the end - We are over the moon excited to be welcoming a little boy into our family.  

Stay tuned... 
I am determined that - unlike Laken - he WILL have a name before I give birth ;)

No comments: