Monday, March 14, 2011

A Good Little Eater

We gave Laken her first taste of solid food – rice cereal – on her five month birthday and she has been a good little eater ever since.  It didn’t take her very long to figure out what to do with the “goo” we were trying to insert into her mouth.  She already loves to hold the spoon and wants to “do it herself” often getting mad at me when I take it away to get more for her.

The introduction of mealtime into our daily routine has been really fun for me.  Laken sits in her highchair in the morning as I make my coffee and prepare her meal.  She stares out the window or plays with toys and chatters on and on about who knows what … she really loves that highchair! Then at night, we all have dinner as a family.  These mealtimes have really made the days feel more structured and I’m just loving it.  Laken’s little personality is getting more and more evident.  She makes me laugh every single day.  I love her so much.
No more?
That's ok, this empty bowl will do just fine!
Full and happy

Time to clean up the hands, face, nose, clothes and (all too often) hair

No comments: