Saturday, December 11, 2010

Two Months!

Laken had her two month appointment on December 7th and I think it was harder on mommy than it was on Laken.  I was so nervous to take her in because I knew she had a couple of hard shots coming up and the last ones were so awful I just couldn't bear the thought of it. 

Well, she did great at the appointment.  She is growing like a weed and getting stronger and stronger.  The doctor was so impressed with how well she could hold her head up.  I think she was showing off for Dr. Struthers because she did better than I had ever seen her and... she almost rolled over! I couldn't believe my eyes.  The doctor set her up on her elbows and she just went for it.  She rolled over to her side but didn't quite get all the way to her back.  I think we're going to have a roller here pretty soon! 
 Two Month Stats:

Weight: 11 lbs 8 oz - 70th percentile

Height: 23 3/4th inches - 90th percentile

Head: 15 1/2 inches - 60th percentile

Laken cried when they gave her the shots, but she was actually a lot tougher than the last time.  I was so proud of her.  I thought I would have to nurse her to calm her down, but she was such a trooper.  It wasn't until later in the day when she really started feeling the pain.  Poor baby had such a rough day.  Her little leg hurt so bad she was pretty much inconsolable.  I felt so bad that I couldn't do anything to make it feel better.  I rocked her and sang to her and snuggled her ... I even got in the bath tub with her.  Nothing seemed to work.  It was the hardest day we've had, but we got through it ... and, even the worst day with her is better than the best day without her.  I love this little punkin so much!  

No comments: