Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter 2010

We spread Easter over two days this year and it was so much more pleasant that way - we got to spend quality time with everyone and weren't rushing off to our next location. On Saturday we drove down to Kelso to visit with Stephen's family. Stephen and Kaitlin's boyfriend, Brian, spent the morning skiing, so Kaitlin and I drove down together and then met the boys at the house. Apparently, it was an epic powder day - I can't wait to get back up there! Kaitlin and I had a fun drive over, stopping for lunch in Olympia and just talking each other's ears off.

We arrived at the Christian's on Saturday afternoon and had an absolute blast hanging out with everyone.
Kaitlin and Brian
Deb and Jeff had a special surprise for us this year ... they were bringing back the annual Easter egg hunt! I have never had the privilege of experiencing a Hansen Easter egg hunt but I have heard plenty of stories of the fun times they used to have doing this. Needless to say, Deb was VERY excited to announce that the hunt was on...
Jeff explaining the boundaries...
Time to hunt...

Ben is soooo sweet!
I wasn't finding any eggs, so he found one for me and directed me right to it - when I opened it, it was the BIG EGG that everyone was looking for. He didn't want to take it back, but I made him trade me for a regular egg - I couldn't keep it when he was really the big winner!
I love Ben ... I can't believe he's the same little guy who was the ring bearer in our wedding - look how big he is now! Makes me feel old.
All the kids with our egg counts
Dinnertime
Jeff made a delicious dinner of lamb chops, potatoes, and vegetables - delicious!


On Sunday we went to church with my family and then spent some time at my parent's house. Although my aunt Linda and uncle Lew were out of town, Lisa and her boyfriend still joined us for some brunch. It was a low-key morning, but nice to spend time together.

Me and my girlies...
Lisa and Tyler
Later that day, we headed over to my aunt Vickie's house for Easter dinner.
Vickie has the most beautiful backyard and garden. The hummingbirds were out in full force and, even though it was raining, the scenery was stunning.
My aunt Jeri tried her first peep - I don't think she liked it very much!
Me and my dad (aka, Extremely Excited Grandpa Joe)

No comments: