Prague had much more of a "little town" feel than Berlin, and we had no trouble seeing everything in the three and a half days we were there.
Arriving in Prague. I can proudly say that the backpack I'm wearing here contains everything I packed for the entire two weeks! I will admit I complained when Stephen suggested we "backpack" again this time, but I am so glad I didn't have to roll a big suitcase around the cobblestone streets of Europe!
We stayed at the Grand Hotel Bohemia, which we loved...
Our first meal at the cafe in Municipal House. Delicious meal and a fancy atmosphere with chandeliers dripping with crystals and rude waiters. Even though cameras were not allowed, we sneaked a photo to spite those waiters ;)
The Powder Tower
The first day we took a walking tour of Prague. Our guide was so good, we decided to go back the next day and do the "castle tour"
The clock tower in the town square
On the steps of the National Museum overlooking Wenceslas Square
We walked up to Castle hill to get these beautiful pictures right as the sun was going down
We ended our first night in Prague with Italian food at this cute little place
The next day we started our morning with a hike up to top of the Powder Tower. This would be the first of several climbs to the tops of towers. I, unfortunately, have a little problem with heights. I don't consider myself afraid "per se", but I do get a little dizzy up there and sometimes I accidentally visualize myself pummeling to the ground right over the side of the building. No matter. I'm much too stubborn to let that stop me from seeing the views. So, time after time on this trip, I subjected myself to the terrors of climbing to these ridiculous heights...
I've got my hands on the roof to keep from accidentally flinging myself over the side. Rational, I know.
And here is the view I refused to miss...
Tower Number One. Conquered.
Old Town Square. Behind Stephen is the Jan Hus monument.
That afternoon we decided to go on the castle tour. Our guide (not nearly as good this time around) took us all through the Castle grounds.
Lots and lots of walking...
In front of the castle gate.
St. Vitus Cathedral
Back in Old Town Square after our castle tour
On the Charles Bridge in front of the Vltava River.
Dinner at Plzenska Restaurace u Dvou Kocek ("By the Two Cats") - consulting with Rick as to what to do next.
Apparently, Rick advised getting a couple beers and walking the streets of Prague.
Our last day in Prague.
Confirming that chocolate and coconut are still the best flavors of gelato.
Climbing the Charles Bridge Tower
In front of the Vlatava River
At the Lennon Wall
We climbed one final tower in Prague. The tower of St. Nicholas Church.
Stephen decided it would be funny (he gets VERY amused by my irrational fears) to spook me at the top and photograph it. I hate these pictures. I don't even know why I'm posting them.
At least the views were fabulous...
Ahhh, back on level ground in the Castle Quarter.
Apparently, he's been forgiven by the time we get to the Dancing House. Designed after Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers, it's quite a strange sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment