Saturday, October 18, 2008

End of Summer Trip ...

The last weekend in August we took a little road trip to Tri-Cities to see the Sainsburys. We had so much fun with them and wished we could stay longer.

The ride there started out a little "bumpy". We packed up a suitcase for the weekend and left Saturday morning. About five minutes out I asked Stephen if he packed the camera. He wanted to be sure, so we pulled over and I opened up the back of the car to check that we had it. We did, so we continued on our way. What I failed to notice when I checked back there, though, was the suitcase was missing!!! The back was totally empty except for Stephen's briefcase and I didn't think anything of it! It wasn't until we got to North Bend that it dawned on me - literally, if I was a cartoon, you would've seen a lightbulb flash above my head - lol! Stephen thought I packed it and I thought he packed it. Luckily, neither of us was particularly cranky that day, so we just laughed our butts off at our mistake. Instead of turning around, we stopped off at the outlets, picked up a couple things, and continued on our way. So, in the end, it made for a funny story and I got some new clothes out of the trip - couldn't have been better if I had planned it :)

We arrived at the Sainsburys around 3:00pm and checked out their beautiful home. Nathan was full of energy :)

Pretty soon, the boys were ready to head out on Brad's new dirt bikes. There were sand dunes down the street from the house, so they didn't have to go far. Of course, now Stephen is ready to get his own!

Tiffany and I wanted to try them too!

That night, we got to spend some time playing with Nathan. He is the most adorable little boy! It was really funny because he started talking with a higher voice while I was there (anyone who knows me knows I have an annoyingly high pitched voice, but now at least someone thinks it's worth mimicking!)


The next day we headed out to explore the town. We saw Brad's office and had lunch at this delicious sandwich place...

... and then we went to ... dum da da dum ... the Hanford Nuclear Plant!

All along the highway were these green reindeer signs ...

Luckily, we survived Hanford (none of us turned green like the reindeer), and continued on our way to a nice park where there was a festival with a very, um, interesting band.

Brad's teaching him young - Nathan's already checking out people's teeth!

When we got back to the house, Stephen took me for a ride on the four-wheeler.
THAT was fun! I did have to smack Stephen when we were done because I think he forgot that a girl was on board. He had us going so fast and down some extremely steep hills - I thought we were going to end up backflipping in the thing! I have to admit I loved every minute of it :)
Then the boys went back out ...

... and us girls enjoyed the last of the summer heat on the porch

Dinner at Famous Daves - sooooo good!

What a fun weekend!

No comments: