Monday, June 9, 2008

Day at the Beach

Last week Northwest Beaches saw the lowest tides since 1986. I have some very fond memories of a field trip I took as a kid to Brown's Point Beach on a low-tide day - I remember finding all kinds of sealife, collecting "treasures" in a bucket, and just loving every minute of it. Saturday the tides weren't as low as they had been mid-week, but we still got to see some fun stuff. We headed out to Sunnyside beach in Steilacoom with my parents ...
Stephen's fast, but the guey ducks were much faster


I was really proud of myself for finding this crab, but I had to let Stephen pick it up before I would touch it. Luckily, no one got pinched and we put Mr. Crab right back where we found him :-)


What a cute little baby starfish!


No comments: